Since 2004, Ananda has focused on consistently delivering the finest, most truly medicinal-quality essential oils available on the planet! Here's a few reasons to consider sourcing your oils from The Ananda Apothecary...
- The Ananda Apothecary was formed by Eco-Scientist Eric Cech in Boulder, Colorado to provide an affordable source for the world's finest true therapeutic quality essential oils. Ananda has always focused on the importance of offering the very finest authentic, pure, true therapeutic quality oils. Our intention is to offer you the MOST therapeutic essential oil for EVERY application. We do this by first ensuring every oil we sample from distillers is 100% pure (using GC/MS and other analytical techniqes), and out of all the oils of the same variety, we choose the very best smelling oil (through rigorous organoleptic evaluation).
- We strongly believe the best oils for any use, be it aromatic or other therapeutic application are those that are 100% pure and genuine, and have the very finest aromas. Through the combination of technological analysis and using more than one of our highly experienced "noses" here, we find the very best oils available on the Planet for you.
- In addition to certified organics, many of our oils are distilled from wildcrafted plants. In many cases, the very pinnacle of therapeutic activity is found in oils distilled from plants ethically harvested from nature, rather than from farmed sources. While not only being free from synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, these plants receive crucial nurturing unmatched by even the most careful, holistic farming methods. We offer oils from wildcrafted sources such as Frankincense, Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Rosemary and many more.
- Ananda has developed relationships with artisan distillers around the world. These craftsmen specialize in producing the finest, medicinal-grade oils, using carefully controlled distillation methods (different than those making "food grade" essential oils, which are often distilled for very long times at very high temperatures - resulting in a loss of subtle notes and therapeutic qualities that are not found in those made for Aroma-therapeutic use. "Food grade" is actually generally a lower quality oil than those produced for exquisite aromas and healing properties).
- We also offer a variety of CO2-distilled oils, produced at significantly lower temperatures than steam distillation. This technique can offer an even higher therapeutic value of certain oils (though not all ~ that's why some oils are available as CO2's, others via the classic steam distillation technique (and cold-pressing for citrus oils), and some as both!).Frankincense, for example, has notably improved therapeutic qualities when distilled via the "supercritical CO2" method, as a wider range of natural chemical compounds than the steam distilled varieties.
- Note that this is not true with ALL oils ~ many oils are very similar when the CO2 distilled variety is compared to the steam distilled, and others are simply made from one method or the other (Calendula for example is only available as a CO2-distilled oil, and Sandalwood CO2's are very rare, and after thorough evaluation, we have not found one to be better when CO2 distilled). Learn more about each distillation method and the differences in the oils they produces in our "Making Essential Oils" article here.
- Our pricing is always wholesale, for every customer ~ our intention has always been to ensure the very best oils are affordable for everyone. There is no need to sign up or become a member of anything. We do not have separate wholesale and retail "tiers", which would end up increasing the cost of oils for everyone. Our oils come from the distiller, which each lot is thoroughly tested here, and then to you. Again, no additional retail markup is included (which would be necessary if we also sold in stores) and no markups for "distributors" that may be "above" you in other marketing systems. We also maintain a strong customer service ethic, ensuring your questions and concerns are promptly responded to by phone or email. We offer an absolutely no-hassle return policy on all our products (see Order Info).
- Our oils are available in a wide range of sizes (much more so than other companies which only offer 5, 10 and/or 15ml sizes), from 2 milliliters (1/15th of an ounce) all the way to multiple kilograms (approximately 34-36 ounces). You'll save more by buying larger sizes in the oils you use the most.
- We offer a wide variety of therapeutic blends, and many incredible skin care formulas - and are always adding more! By investigating the ingredient lists, you'll find blends you may already be familiar with. If you'd like something you don't see on our site, please email us you're request. We listen to our customer's requests, and will add the blends you desire to our collection.
- We also offer a complete collection of aromatherapy supplies such as carrier oils, diffusers, bottles and measuring pipettes.
- Last but not least, we're committed to the environment, and the people and animals of the planet. We ship using packing material made from 100% biodegradeable and recycled materials, use recyclable materials wherever possible in our operation (and encourage you to recycle your bottles as well), and also donate a portion of sales to several non-profit organizations such as Smile Train, Defenders of Wildlife, the Dzi Foundation and others.
Read more about our owner and our staff on the 'Our Staff' page!