Bay Laurel Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Laurus nobilis
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: Bay Laurel essential oil is unique in molecular structure amongst all essential oils with the most complete range of chemical components and resulting broad spectrum of therapeutic effects.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Bay Laurel is an evergreen tree that grows up to 20 meters in height. It is native to the Mediterranean region and is a well-known spice found in the cuisine of the area. Bay laurel is also known as 'bay sweet' and 'Mediterranean bay'. This oil is steam distilled from the leaves of organically cultivated Bay Laurel trees grown on the island of Crete.
ABOUT THE OIL
Bay Laurel, or Laurel Leaf, essential oil is well regarded in aromatherapy due to its unique molecular structure. It contains elements of nearly all of the primary chemical groups that make up essential oils. The result is a broad range of therapeutic uses.
Bay Laurel as an herb and spice has traditionally been used to alleviate digestive complaints as well as its skin-supportive qualities and uplifting aroma.
This valued plant became a symbol of victory and honor to the Roman Empire and later wreaths of Bay Laurel leaves were placed on the heads of University graduates (called 'bachelors' from the Latin 'baccalaureus' or 'laurel berry').
- settles digestion
- increases absorption in the intestines
- promotes normal peristalsis
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- increases appetite
- helps maintain healthy liver function
- helps maintain kidney action
- stimulates the cerebrum
- strengthens the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- helps alleviate stress and nervous tension
- neutralizes microbes
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- neutralizes microbes
- clears blemishes
- circulates and regulates Qi energy
- clears cold phlegm
- Particularly beneficial for individuals who lack energy and confidence.
- Well suited to people who lack selfesteem and doubt their abilities and intellect.
- The oil is best suited to writers, poets, painters, musicians and creative artists – those with psychic tendencies who depend on intuition and inspiration for their work. It promotes confidence, insight and courage.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporiser
- It may be included in blends for breathing support, and the aroma may be more appreciated by some that other oils used for this purpose. Bay Laurel essential oil can be safely used as an immune system support agent, particularly when one may be exposed to higherrisk situations, or may find their immune system depleted from traveling or stress.
- massage, compress, bath, skin care
- This oil has a lovely aroma, and would make an excellent addition to joint and muscle formulas not only due to its therapeutic action, but its beautiful spicy and herbaceous scent!
- Most outstanding is the mention it receives by Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt in 'Advanced Aromatherapy': ""Its positive effects on the lymphatic system are undeniable. Rubbing a few drops of bay laurel on swollen lymph nodes will produce an immediately noticeable relieving effect. The positive and pleasant effect of this oil is so distinct and strong that one application will normally suffice to convince the most hardened skeptic to use it.”
- Bay Laurel can be ingested as a tonic for the immune system. Ingestion can also stimulate appetite and promote menstruation.
A herbaceous top note that is reminiscent of mint and sage melds with a deeply-spiced nutmeg-clove middle note to deliver a powerfully spicy medicinal aroma.
This Bay Laurel oil will blend well with others in the same family such as Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Clary sage as well as Pine, Juniper, Rosemary, Olibanum, Labdanum, Lavender, most citrus and spice oils.
Non-toxic and a non-irritant. However individuals with skin sensitivities should use sparingly. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
Should not be used during pregnancy.