Blue Tansy (Organic) Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Tanacetum annuum
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: A magnificent Blue Tansy oil, with an aroma reminiscent of blueberries in the forest, it is extremely relaxing and excellent in skincare formulas.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE OIL
This essential oil is steam distilled using organic Moroccan blue tansy flowers and leaves. It's deep blue color is due to its chamazulene content, a highly anti-inflammatory compound modified from matracin that turns blue during the distillation process (this same change occurs when German Chamomile is distilled). Blue Tansy oil is non-toxic and has many similar properties to German 'Blue' Chamomile oil, with a somewhat lighter and sweeter tone. Not to be confused with Tansy oil which is generally not recommended for use by the majority of professional aromatherapists and is considered toxic.
- quells irritation from environmental factors
- counteracts physical hypersensitivity
- eases sinus irritation
- promotes sleep
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- relieves stress
- eases discomfort
- decreases unpleasant sensory experiences
- reduces redness
- diminishes swelling
- quells irritation from insect bites
- helps heal burns and wounds
- encourages cell regeneration
- The aroma of Blue Tansy oil induces relaxation and can be used to ease nervous tension and stress.
- For respiratory support, it is most effectively used as an inhalant in a diffuser, or you can also put a couple of drops on a handkerchief and inhale directly.
- Blue Tansy essential oil is considered by aromatherapists to be an important oil for burned, inflamed and damaged skin, sunburns and bruises. When blended with Helichrysum, Blue Tansy can further promote tissue regeneration. Blue Tansy is most efficacious when used in concentrations of 5% or less for SKIN CARE, as high amounts of chamulzine may be proinflammatory in this application.
- Like other “blue” oils, is used for sore muscles, sprains and strains.
- It's also one of the first choices for relief of itching or irritation from mosquito and other insect bites and stings. A drop may be used ""neat"", or 35 drops per teaspoon may be blended in a soothing carrier such as coconut or tamanu oil.
This particular Blue Tansy has a deep blue color and a warm, complex, herbaceous sweetness. It is as though you are laying in patch of wild blueberries deep in an old growth forest.
Blue Tansy blends well with Lemongrass, Rosemary, Helichrysum, Cypress, Pine and Chamomile oils and is especially nice in combination with many ""needle"" oils such as Fir and Black Spruce. With the addition of a small amount of carrier oil, this creates a somewhat masculine natural perfume.
Unlike Tansy oil (Tanecetum vulgare), Blue Tansy Oil is non-toxic and a non-irritant when used in balanced doses and blends. The blue color will stain, so use caution in the application process. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.