MIXING BOTTLES, STORAGE BOTTLES, MEASURING PIPETTES AND "TWEEN" EMULSIFIER.
New to our line-up of bottles are UV light-proof bottles from Switzerland.
These are the most advanced bottles for essential oil storage today! They completely block UV light from your oils - EXCEPT a very narrow band of violet light which has been thoroughly tested to actually enhance therapeutic activity of plant extracts (such as essential oils and carriers). They also have an absolutely beautiful look, and will absolutely enhance your creations.
- "Standard" Euro Dropper and Boston Round Cobalt Blue Bottles are available below the violet bottles (click here to jump to that section).
- 3ml measuring Pipettes and Mini Pipetts can found below the cobalt blue bottle selection (click here to jump to the pipettes).
- .75ml sample vials are available in packs of 5 (scroll down or jump to the vials).
- We've also just included "Tween 20" for your blending needs - this will help keep oils and water mixed for sprays.
These are the "state of the art" for essential oil storage. Miron Glass of Switzerland had created bottles which essentially completely block all ultraviolet light rays from contacting your essential oils, carriers and blends, except a very specific frequency of violet light that scientific research has shown to enhance the natural therapeutic potential of plant materials and extracts (including essential oils). The bottles are very attractive as well -- high tech in every way!
Here are properties and descriptions of the technology of the violet glass bottles. According to the manufacturer: "A definite conclusion is that the (product) stored in MIRON violet glass doesn't’t break down its ingredients, but actually conserves the taste, smell, color, structure and enzymes considerably better than in any other receptacles known or used until now."
- Bottles are available as 5ml (shown on the right), 15ml, 30ml, 100ml and 200ml (note that there are 30ml in one fluid ounce).
- Bottles and caps are sold separately, as there are different orifice sizes to chose from, as well as specially-made droppers (the droppers are for 5, 15 and 30ml bottles; the 200ml bottle comes only with a standard screw cap - if ordering a 200ml bottle, you do not need to order a cap separately).
- Most essential oils will use the 1.0mm orifice cap - this is the standard size for the vast majority of essential common essential oils.
- Some thicker essential oils will dispense better with larger orifice caps. Oils like Vanilla, Sea Buckthorn, Carrot Root and the like can use larger orifices, and when using with a carrier oil, the largest orifice is probably the best choice (2.0mm). You may want to purchase caps of each size to find the best orifice reducer for dispensing your oils and blends.
- Pump tops are also available for all size bottles except the 200ml, for dispensing skin care blends and the like. You only need to trim the tube that goes inside the bottle to the correct length for that particular bottle.