Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Daucus carota
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: Carrot seed is one of the premier essential oils for care of aging skin and skin that may be lacking vitality. This carrot seed oil has a particularly delicate and complex aroma that lends itself well to natural perfumery.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
The wild carrot is native to Europe, Asia and North Africa. It was introduced to North America in the 1600s, and the seeds were used medicinally and for seasoning food and drink. Cultivation of this varietal for seed oil extraction mostly occurs in France today. An annual herb, it has a white, inedible root (unlike the common eating varietal) and has a distinctly branched stem with umbels of small white flowers.
ABOUT THE OIL
Also known as Queen Anne's Lace, and considered by some as a common weed, our Carrot seed oil is steam distilled from the seeds of carrots wild-grown in France. The oil is pale yellow and is light and fluid in viscosity.
Being a highly nutritious plant, the seeds from the Daucus carota plant have been used in traditional Eastern and Western medical practice for centuries. The seeds contain substantial amounts of Vitamins A, B1, B2 and C.
- promotes urination
- helps maintain kidney action
- helps maintain healthy liver function
- settles digestion
- increases absorption in the intestines
- promotes normal peristalsis
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- helps heal burns and wounds
- encourages cell regeneration
- improves complexion
- revitalizes dull tired skin
- balances sebum production
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporiser
- Carrot seed is also said to rejuvenate the energy of the solar plexus and to be relieving of fatigue.
- massage, compress, bath, SKIN CARE
- Carrot seed is a premiere skin healing oil, regularly included in blends for dry and mature skin. The oil's high carotol content gives it its skin rejuvenative properties which is great for skin healing. Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt recommends it for "dull, pallid skin, lifeless and tired from environmental stress”. Additionally, carrot seed oil is said to balance both dry and oily complexions. Small amounts go nicely in almost any skin care blend to enhance its effectiveness. You can use it on the skin in a carrier, alone, or included with other essential oils.
- The oil is often employed orally for liver detoxification. One drop taken daily is the recommended protocol; this may be particularly useful during a period of dietary restriction as part of an overall liver cleansing program.
- It is also regularly indicated as a digestive tonic.
Considered a middle note, this Carrot Seed oil has a unique warm, slightly sweet top note, a mildly earthy, woody middle note and a light, musty, herbaceous undertone.
It blends well with Frankincense, Geranium, citrus oils such as Grapefruit or Lemon, and spice oils such as Cardamom.
Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. If the oil is to be ingested, is recommended that a physician be consulted prior to use. Always test a small amount of essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction
If pregnant, use under a doctor's care.