CBD Calm: Cannabidiol CO2 extract from industrial hemp plant based in MCT Coconut oil and hemp essential oil. This hemp essential oil with CBD provides the full therapeutic action of the hemp plant without any psychoactive THC present. We also add Rosemary antioxidant to preserve freshness.
Our 'Calm' formula has Lavender to create a calming synergistic effect with the CBD, we add Grapefruit essential oil to help the binding process as well. The calming nature of Lavender works great with CBD because they both bind to the endocannabinoid system.
Dosage Discussion: We formulated all sizes of our CBD to be 1mg of CBD every 2 Drops (dropper included). We recommend starting with 5-10 mg (10-20 drops) to start, and ramping up from there to get the desired result.
Remember everyone's body reacts differently and some may need more or less CBD to target the problem. For even more information check out the CBD information in our drop down menu below.
Our CBD 'Calm' formula contains CBD CO2 extract, CO2 oil, plus Hemp, Lavender and Bergamot ( we previously used Grapefruit, but we changed it out for the more "calming" bergamot oil) essential oils. 5ml contains 105mg CBD, 15ml contains 314mg, 30ml contains 628mg CBD, and 100ml contains 2093mg CBD. These formulas deliver 1mg CBD per every two drops.
CBD, or Cannabidiol, has been researched for its anxiety-reducing properties.1,2 We've blended CBD with essential oils and CO2 extracts traditionally used, and researched, for these actions. Ananda's formula's are different, and we believe among the best CBD blends on the market today: here you can read why! We've researched the synergy between CBD and constituents found in essential oils and CO2 extracts. Our owner has written an extremely worthwhile article, CBD: Nature's Most Profound Medicine Yet. In addition to CBD, this formula also contains:
- Lavender is the most widely researched essential oil for its calming actions.3,4It is the most highly-regarded essential oil to help with anxiety, and has been studied safely for ingestion as well as inhalation for this action. Linalool, the primary constituent in Lavender essential oil, is a monoterpenol found to synergize with linalyl acetate (also found in lavender) to help regulate your calcium channels in your brain. This regulation leads to a lavender's anti-anxiety properties and is discussed more
- Bergamot essential oil is high in linalool, another terpene alcohol noted in scientific research to also show calming effects in the brain.5
- As in most of our formulas, we've included Hemp essential oil, which is thought to act synergistically with CBD. See our post on terpenes and CBD.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring constituent/cannabinoid of the hemp plant. It is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid in hemp/cannabis. Our CBD oil extract is a full spectrum extract of a Hemp strain of Cannabis sativa. Hemp is ideal for cannabidiol (CBD oil) extractions as it is naturally high in CBD and low in THC. Because of the extraction from legally grown and extracted Hemp, it is legal for shipment to all 50 states.
The CBD oil is extracted through a high pressured, supercritical CO2 extraction (as all our CO2 oils are), and the raw CBD oil is further refined to remove plant waxes and further concentrate the available CBD. Each batch of the final CBD oil is analyzed via High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to quantify its purity, and guarantee you receive precise amounts of CBD in each and every one of our formulations.
Our cannabidiol (CBD oil) extract is a full spectrum cannabinoid extract. Besides the high content of CBD there are also present naturally occurring trace amounts of other cannabinoids, which many scientists and doctors think work in synergy to support the whole human endo-cannabinoid system.
Most preclinical studies with cannabidiol utilize synthetic, single-molecule CBD produced by biochemical laboratories for research purposes – whereas whole plant CBD-rich extractions typically include trace amounts of THC and more than 400 other compounds, which interact synergistically to confer a holistic “entourage effect” so that the therapeutic impact of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its parts.
We Base All Our Formulas in MCT Coconut Oil for Stability and Freshness
MCT Coconut oil is used to emulsify the CBD CO2 extract for more simple and accurate use. Whereas some formulators use Hempseed oil, it does contain oxalic acid, which may be contraindicated for some users (in particular, for children whom experience seizures). We DO actually recommend supplementation with Hempseed oil if this is safe for you – it's exceptionally good for you in many ways.
This MCT fraction of coconut oil is the Medium Chain Triglycerides, which make up 62% of Virgin Coconut oil. It is also often used as a dietary supplement, and has an exceptionally long natural shelf life (relative to Olive oil, which is also used for emulsifying CBD extracts). We think this is the very best choice for retaining all properties of the formula for the longest time (shelf life is over 2 years).
We also package our CBD formulas in Miron Glass Violet bottles. The 'high-tech' Violet Glass has the greatest resistance to UV light penetration of any glass container, and is even thought to enhance the activity of natural products within it by letting only a small window of the light spectrum through it. This particular wavelength is considered to have "vibrationally-enhancing" properties by the Swiss manufacturer.
Use and Serving Size: Shake well before using. The amount of CBD oil that people take on a daily basis can vary greatly. We encourage our customers to experiment with their intake, and do their own research for optimal intake for their specific needs. CBD oil can be ingested morning or night, on an empty or full stomach.
Note that cannabinoid compounds have 'biphasic' properties, whereby small doses and high doses of the same substance can produce opposite effects. CBD has no known adverse side effects at any dose, but 'too much,' while not harmful, could be less effective therapeutically than a moderate dose.
1. "Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug". Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2012 Jun;34 Suppl 1:S104-10.
2. "Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients". Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011 May;36(6):1219-26.
3. "A case series on the use of lavendula oil capsules in patients suffering from major depressive disorder and symptoms of psychomotor agitation, insomnia and anxiety". Complement Ther Med. 2014 Feb;22(1):63-9.
4. "Lavender oil preparation Silexan is effective in generalized anxiety disorder--a randomized, double-blind comparison to placebo and paroxetine". CInt J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014 Jun;17(6):859-69.
5. "Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects" Br J Pharmacol. 2011 Aug; 163(7): 1344–1364.
6. "Essential oils and anxiolytic aromatherapy". Nat Prod Commun. 2009 Sep;4(9):1305-16.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE