Cistus Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Cistus ladanifer
- Wild Grown
About the Oil: This is a very therapeutic Cistus, with a dry, woody, resinous aroma. It is a must for problem and mature skin formulas.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Also known as Labdanum or Rock Rose, Cistus ladaniferus is a small, sticky shrub native to the Mediterranean and Middle East.
ABOUT THE OIL
The essential oil is produced by steam distillation of the leaves. It is pale yellow-orange with a strong, sweet, dry-herbaceous aroma. Its odor effect is generally perceived as warming and restorative. This is a very therapeutic Cistus with a dry, woody, resinous aroma.
Traditionally, Cistus has been used as a skin rejuvenator and wound healer. It has also been used as an ambient aroma to facilitate meditation.
- helps heal burns and wounds
- encourages cell regeneration
- firms and contracts exposed tissue
- prevents moisture loss
- tones and restores venous circulation
- promotes the healing of tissues
- assists in wound healing
- helps stop or prevent bleeding
- Indicated for skin types: problem (i.e. acne), oily, mature
- neutralizes microbes
- stimulates the IMMUNE SYSTEM
- assists in the tissuecleaning action of the lyphatic system
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- promotes sleep
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- relieves stress
- quells coughs
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- promotes and regulates menstruation
- warms the soul
- aids meditation
- aids in visualizing spiritual experiences
Recommended after a traumatic event for those who feel cold, empty or numb. It may be helpful during convalescence or when suffering from nervous exhaustion.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Use in a diffuser for its uplifting aroma. It should be used sparingly in aromatic blends, as it can overpower other oils.
- massage, compress, ointment, bath, SKIN CARE
- Excellent for mature SKIN CARE for firming and toning. Use on the skin in a carrier for tightening skin tone, alone or included with other essential oils.
- It is the fastest acting essential oil styptic (stops bleeding) for open wounds and has excellent antiseptic qualities, so it is quite useful in first aid when treating minor cuts and scrapes.
- For lung support, use as an internal supplement: dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. (or more) of liquid.
This Cistus oil has a strong, sweet rose top note followed by a dry, herbaceous middle note with menthol and eucalyptus-like undertones. The aroma is generally perceived as warming and restorative.
Cistus blends well with Angelica, Cedarwood, Coriander, Chamomiles, Clary Sage, Cypress, Lavender, Frankincense, Juniper, Pine, Rose, Lemon and other citrus oils, Neroli, Petitgrain, Sandalwood, Patchouli, and Vetiver.
Cistus oil is generally non-toxic, non-irritating and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount of essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant, use under a physicians care.