Eucalyptus (Blue Gum) Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Eucalyptus globulus
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: With its bright, fresh, fullbodied aroma, this is the finest “Tasmanian Blue Gum” Eucalyptus we've ever tried. Many Blue Gum Eucalyptus oils are rectified or redistilled for manufacturing, but this is Corsian oil is in its natural, most therapeutic state.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
A majestic evergreen tree that grows up to 90 meters tall, the 'Blue Gum' Eucalyptus is native to Australia, particularly Tasmania, and is the most well known of the Eucalyptus varieties. When the term 'Eucalyptus oil' is used without mention of a species, this is usually the one. Of the 500 types of Eucalyptus tree species that yield an essential oil, Eucalyptus globulus is the most common for medicinal purposes due to its high cineole content.
ABOUT THE OIL
Steam-distilled from the leaves of organically cultivated Corsican Blue Gum Eucalyptus trees, this oil is light-weight, clear, and slightly blue-tinted. It has a camphoraceous odor and a woody-sweet undertone. We also have the slightly sweeter Eucalyptus Radiata (Narrow Leaf) variety available.
This essential oil has traditionally been used to treat infectious conditions.
- neutralizes microbes
- repels insects
- Eucalyptus is classified as a tonic of the lung Qi and is used to enhance the breathing function, promoting the uptake of oxygen by the red blood cells.
- Eucalyptus may be used at a subtle level to cleanse any place where there has been conflict or where negative energies are felt. It is also described as a fragrance of newness and renewal.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, humidifier, steam inhalation
- Eucalyptus citradora essential oil can be used in a diffuser as a room insect repellant.
- It is also used for bronchial conditions in the way that other eucalyptus oils are – it helps fight infection and is antimicrobial. For best effect, it should be blended with an oil containing a higher amount of cineole, such as Eucalyptus Radiata or Blue Gum, – blending with these oils may enhance the antiinflammatory action for reducing joint and muscle soreness.
- massage, compress, bath, liniment, skincare
- Create a diluted spray (see the article link) for use on your body.
- See our blog post on creating your own insect repellent formula.
This Blue Gum Eucalyptus exhibits a distinctly green, menthol top note, a camphoraceous middle note and a deeply woody and slightly sweet undertone.
Blue Gum Eucalyptus essential oil blends well with Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender, Marjoram, Pine, Cedarwood and Lemon.
Always test a small amount of essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not take internally.