Eucalyptus (Narrow Leaf) Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Eucalyptus radiata
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: Eucalyptus radiata may be the Eucalyptus with the most broadly therapeutic action and has a wonderful bright aroma.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
A relatively smaller variety of this evergreen species, the 'narrow leaf peppermint' Eucalyptus is native to Southwestern Australia and reaches a maximum height of only 50 meters.
ABOUT THE OIL
The 'Narrow Leaf' or Eucalyptus radiata variety's wonderful aroma and low price help make it the number one, all-purpose, Eucalyptus oil variety.
- neutralizes microbes
- neutralizes airborne microbes
- quells coughs
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- relaxes cramping
- repels insects
- Eucalyptus is classified as a tonic of the lung Qi and is used to enhance the breathing function, promoting the uptake of oxygen by the red blood cells.
- Eucalyptus may be used at a subtle level to cleanse any place where there has been conflict or where negative energies are felt. It is also described as a fragrance of newness and renewal.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, humidifier, steam inhalation
- It is used for bronchial conditions – it helps fight infection and is antimicrobial. Its high amount of cineole gives Eucalyptus radiata its anti-inflammatory action which can reduce joint and muscle soreness.
- massage, compress, bath, liniment, skincare
- Create a diluted spray (see the article link) for use on your body.
This oil is cooling with fresh, bright citrus-like top notes, a camphoraceous middle note and slightly sweet, cedar-like undertones.
For accurately measuring oils, see our Drops per mL page.
Narrow Leaf Eucalyptus oil blends well with: Geranium Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Melissa Oil, Sandalwood Oil and Thyme Oil.
Always test a small amount of essential oil first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Do not take internally.