Hot temps during shipping damaging?

General discussion on your experience has been with essential oils, what has worked and what may not, and questions by those who have yet to try certain essential oils and techniques
Crackwillow

Hot temps during shipping damaging?

Post by Crackwillow » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Hello,
I am hoping to find out if hot temperatures during shipping can damage the essential oils. I live in the south and temps are in the 90's for the foreseeable future. Packages are often left in the sun if they are delivered while I'm gone and I imagine temps in the direct sun get up in the 115 degree range.

I am dying to order some of the more precious oils like rose, sandalwood, etc but hate the thought that they will get damaged. Any thoughts? I keep missing the specials I'm interested in waiting for a break in heat to make an order, but this might be over thinking?

Thanks so much!

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: Hot temps during shipping damaging?

Post by Ananda Staff » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi,

There's no problem ordering in the heat. They're steam distilled essential oils, and heat for a while won't hurt them at all. Just store them properly when you receive them...they have a very long shelf life, and are bottled in dark bottles. Absolutely will be ok!