Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil?

For example, how do you figure out a 3% concentration of your essential oil in 29 milliliters of carrier oil?
Any and all questions by those needing a little help, and sharing by those who've been there :)
goodapple

Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil?

Post by goodapple » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello, I think that I have read references here and there to the rosemary essential oil used as a preservative?

If I understood correctly, could someone enlighten me a little bit more as to this use?

Is the rosemary essential oil to be added to carrier oils?...not other bottles of essential oils...?

Is there a certain amount of rosemary that would be effective per so many ml of carrier oil?

Thank you for your help!

goodapple

Re: Preserving oils with rosemary essential oil?

Post by goodapple » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Just found an answer to my question....found this information under one of Ananda's Rosemary listings....

"Recent research has noted that when ingested, relatively small amounts of Rosemary extract can stop oxidation in all "oil" or "fat" components of our bodies. This organic extract can be added to your carrier oil "stock", or to blends including carrier oils. This extract is known to be more effective than Vitamin E for natural preservation of your oils.

The suggested dilution ration for effectively extending the shelf-life of your carrier oils and blends is only 0.2% (1/5th of one percent), which is 1 to 2 drops of the extract per fluid ounce of carrier oil."