Sterilization of glass bottles and such...

For example, how do you figure out a 3% concentration of your essential oil in 29 milliliters of carrier oil?
Any and all questions by those needing a little help, and sharing by those who've been there :)
*ether*

Sterilization of glass bottles and such...

Post by *ether* » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 am

I was wondering if any of Ananda's bottles, pipettes, etc. should be sterilized before use? And if so, how?

Thanks.

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: Sterilization of glass bottles and such...

Post by Ananda Staff » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Ether,

Really, no need. They come to us exceptionally clean, are handled with this in mind...and you're adding the best antiseptics in the world anyway :)

After MANY years of involvement, no professional or otherwise has suggested this as any sort of necessity.

Now, you CAN, if you want, to boil anything for a bit -- I would do anything with plastic just VERY briefly. Vodka and rubbing alcohol are other possibilities, but still, if our bottles needed sterilization, I think we'd need to find another vendor :)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Eric

*ether*

Re: Sterilization of glass bottles and such...

Post by *ether* » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Oh good. I'd rather focus on more experimenting and less prep! Besides, you're right, the oils will probably take care of any lingering nasties - and the bottles should be "newly" clean, anyway. :)