Thyroid issues

There are so many choices, and they're easily made if the conditions aren't too complex. Share your success and ask your questions here.
Griepappy

Thyroid issues

Post by Griepappy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Which oils will help with thyroid imbalances?

Chigirl40

Re: Thyroid issues

Post by Chigirl40 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:57 am

This post is from a while ago, but I read Geranium is good for the thyroid so I purchased some with my last order here. The smell is wonderful and I think it blends nicely with vanilla. I may try making a perfume with at least geranium and vanilla. I love the idea of smelling nice and helping my thyroid at the same time!
Any suggestions from the ananda team on how to make a perfume blend? Should I use a 2% dilution with something like jojoba oil? Or could I just use vanilla and geranium 50/50 blend and use 2 drops on my neck or wrist area 1-2 X a day?

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: Thyroid issues

Post by Ananda Staff » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:02 am

Hi - Yes, Geranium is excellent...a perfume blend is often at 10%, and these oils are perfectly fine to use 'neat'. I WOULD recommend creating a few very small tester batches to experiment with the amount of Vanilla. Generally, Vanilla is used in minute amounts relative to other oils - ours is VERY potent in it's aromatic qualities. Start with 9 drops Geranium w/1 drop Vanilla and let it set maybe overnight - even make a few with increasing amounts of Vanilla to find the spot where the Vanilla is noticeable, but doesn't overpower the Geranium.

Hope this helps!