who is your main essential oil supplier?

There are so many choices, and they're easily made if the conditions aren't too complex. Share your success and ask your questions here.
Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: who is your main essential oil supplier?

Post by Ananda Staff » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,

Our essential oils are among the very highest quality in the business...many of our customers are even YL distributors.

A synthetic Jasmine will not have the same biological properties as a true oil, as real Jasmine contains many, many individual molecules which act in synergy.

Hope this helps!

merlin

Post by merlin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Young Living offers essential oils, although at a substantially higher price compared with Ananda. And they are not any better! IIRC, they use a multi-level-marketing approach, so you are paying a distributor's percentage of the profits, which is added to the cost of the oils.

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Post by Ananda Staff » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:17 am

Hi ~ Yes, the 3, 5 and 12ml bottles come with a Euro dropper cap, which can shake out approximately one drop at a time. 30ml and up are sent with glass eyedroppers. You can make your own blend in a mister, though in this case you would mix your oils at around 10% in water, and add an equal amount of 'tween' (found on the bottles page) which emulsifies the oils in water (shake well! about equal parts tween to essential oil - though we've found we can use about half that if we shake well on each use. The aroma of the tween is a little strong upon first mixing, but becomes much more subtle after 24hrs in the blend.

And yes, of course, a diffuser uses only the oils, and has a fully-adjustable output. We find this the easiest way.

Hope this helps!
~ Eric

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Post by Ananda Staff » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 am

Hi - no, absolutely not. The essential oils evaporate completely. The only time I 'contaminate' my foods is when I've just massaged my neck with Helichrysum, then eat something with my hands ;)

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Post by Ananda Staff » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi - 'Mint' likely then means any oil with menthol, the best is a nice peppermint, though you could choose cornmint as a less-expensive, yet less 'floral' aroma. Spearmint will have the least menthol.

Hmmm...well, ALL essential oils are to be diluted for massage. Most massage blends will have around 2% essential oil in the carrier oil of your choice. You can use most EO's directly in a diffuser - no, no carrier oil is used with the oils in a diffuser, just use the essential oil alone.

Hope this helps!