Restless leg syndrome

There are so many choices, and they're easily made if the conditions aren't too complex. Share your success and ask your questions here.
Heatherjean

Restless leg syndrome

Post by Heatherjean » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:16 am

Good morning,

My husband has suffered with this for years, and we have finally found something that works, Lavender Oil. Anybody have any other ideas or recipes that we can try. Thanks

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: Restless leg syndrome

Post by Ananda Staff » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:46 am

Sounds like something calming, like Roman or Cape chamomile. Along with the Lavender, these are considered the most relaxing...you might try samples of Helichrysum, Plai, Turmeric and Ginger as well...anti-inflammatory, and might further enhance effect. Use in Borage Seed oil for best results.

~ Eric

dorothy

Post by dorothy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you for the comments, and for the oils. I am quite new to the use of essential oils, and aromatherapy with oils.
How are the oils used in the cases of RLS. My husband and I both suffer from it, and both take prescriptions. My prescription works well for me, but not my husbands. It would be nice to find something that is not a chemical medicine that will work for He and I.

apollenhealth

Post by apollenhealth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 pm

In the case of restless leg syndrome, maybe trying some oils that help calm the nerves can help alleviate some of the restlessness.

There are multiple essential oils that can help relieve stress. The most popular oils include lavender, peppermint, clary sage, bergamot, frankincense, ylang ylang, hyssop, geranium and roman chamomile.

Effective combinations would include taking 2 drops of rosemary and 3 drops of lavender and applying it onto a handkerchief or napkin and inhaling the essential oils whenever you feel stressed.

Another recipe for relieving stress would be mixing 4 drops of bergamot, 4 drops of clary sage and 2 drops of frankincense and mixing it all with either jojoba or avocado base oil. Take the mixture and massage over body.

Hope this helps in some way! :)

Simar

Post by Simar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:41 am

Just add 10 drops Roman Chamomile in lavender oil. It will be helpful for you.