What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?

Diffusing essential oils can be done for simple aromatic pleasure, or for one of several medicinal therapies. Do you want to diffuse anti-depressant oils, or maybe ones with potent antiviral or antibacterial properties?
AnnetteSJ

What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?

Post by AnnetteSJ » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:37 pm

I love Patchouli but it's so sticky. When I put it on the pad of the 'Spa Center' fan diffuser, it seems to just clog it. I've been putting it into the water of the Ultrasonic Oil Nebulizer, but I found it (it appears to be the patchouli) clumped on the bottom and it's almost impossible to remove. What is the best way to diffuse it?

Ananda Staff
Site Admin

Re: What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?

Post by Ananda Staff » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:40 pm

I suppose that's one of the things they mean by "tenacious" :) I have used it with the plug in wall diffuser successfully -- certainly made the whole house smell like Patchouli. I wouldn't have expected it not to work in either of the diffusers you've tried. Probably "potpourri" style wouldn't be a bad idea -- drops of the oil around the house in flowerpots, on dried flowers and other plant material, etc. Me, I'd just put a few drops on a rug where I wouldn't notice and just let the room slowly fill with the aroma.

Being a patchouli lover, this may not be strong enough for you, I'm not sure...the plug in diffuser is inexpensive, portable, and I think worth a try.

Cheers!
Eric

pinklips

Re: What is the best way to diffuse patchouli?

Post by pinklips » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:21 pm

I put oils in Bicarbonate of Soda in pots around the house.
You don't have to be mad to know me. But it helps.