diffusing

Diffusing essential oils can be done for simple aromatic pleasure, or for one of several medicinal therapies. Do you want to diffuse anti-depressant oils, or maybe ones with potent antiviral or antibacterial properties?
Marcia Sue

diffusing

Post by Marcia Sue » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 am

I diffuse for anti-viral properties in the fall/winter seasons. I've used Super Immune this past season.

Regal

Re: diffusing

Post by Regal » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:51 am

My favorite blend is a mixture of clove, tea tree, lemon and mandarin. The clove and tea tree can be overpowering in this mix, so go light with these. I use mandarin because it adds a gentleness to this mix. Some don't like the smell of clove, and if this is the case, Eucalyptus or Myrtle can be substituted, as they are in the same family known as Myrtaceae.

nikiken

Post by nikiken » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Regal.
I love diffusing clove oil. I find it very soothing. Your blend of oils intrigues me. Do you mind sharing the proportions of the oils in this mix?

Regal

Post by Regal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:01 am

Be happy to share the proportions. I place distilled water in diffuser and add 3 drops each of clove and tea tree and 6 drops each of lemon and mandarin. This can be adjusted according to your taste. Enjoy!

nikiken

Post by nikiken » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Many thanks. Can't wait to try.