Blood Pressure

General discussion on your experience has been with essential oils, what has worked and what may not, and questions by those who have yet to try certain essential oils and techniques
Farmgirl

Blood Pressure

Post by Farmgirl » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:01 am

I have researched extensively online for help with high blood pressure using essential oils and NO meds. Please share your experience.

citywildcat

Re: Blood Pressure

Post by citywildcat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:23 am

I have chronic pain and make my own formulas . The first time I made it, I used too much Lavandin. When I stood up, I was very lightheaded. I found out that it may have an effect on lowering blood pressure in some people. Here is a quote I got from a website: ".... information on lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia) - it should also be avoided if one has low blood pressure." Hope this helps ( now I know why I felt lightheaded!)

tijerasmom

Post by tijerasmom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:53 pm

I wish I knew what to try. I had a bad week last week, with a headache that would not go away. I checked my blood pressure, and it was sky-high (even though I have no history of high blood pressure). I went to the doctor, and of course it was normal. He suggested that I check it several times a day and keep a log, and if it remains high, to start a medication that he prescribed. I would rather not go on a daily medication, and I was hoping to find an essential oil blend that might help me to keep it low (now that it is better). I may try that Lavedula, that was posted earlier, if I can find out more about it.

Any more suggestions? Someone that I know in real life suggested a blend by Doterra, but I would rather try an Ananda mixture if possible.

susan-1

Post by susan-1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi

Have you tried to blend lavender, roman chamomile and neroli? Or you could try blending lavender, marjoram, ylang-ylang, and neroli. There have been some studies that have tried these combinations with some success:

Cheers
Sue :)