Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Alyosia citriodora
- Certified Organic
THIS OIL IS A SEASONAL ITEM AND WILL HOPEFULLY COME BACK INTO STOCK SOON!
About the Oil: Lemon Verbena essential oil has an intensely bright, uplifting scent with warm floral undertones that's great for tiredness, apathy and listlessness as well as calming and relaxing the body and mind.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
A handsome deciduous perennial shrub up to 5 meters high with a woody stem, very fragrant, delicate, pale green, lanceolate leaves arranged in threes, and small, pale purple flowers. Often grown as an ornamental bush in gardens. Lemon verbena is native to Chile and Argentina, and cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well as Kenya and China. The oil is mainly produced in southern France and North Africa.
ABOUT THE OIL
Lemon and other 'bright-scented' aromatics appear to have the potential for decreasing the activity of acetylcholine-esterase, which breaks down acetylcholine, the primary information-related neurotransmitter. We've been searching for a high-quality Lemon Verbena essential oil for some time, and have finally found one we love!
The uses of lemon verbena are similar to those of mint, orange flowers and melissa. The dried leaves are still used as a popular household tea especially on the Continent, both as a refreshing, uplifting ‘pick-me-up' and to help restore the liver after a hangover. The essential oil is commonly used in perfumery and citrus colognes.
- neutralizes microbes
- neutralizes microbes
- reduces body temperature
- relaxes cramping
- settles digestion
- increases absorption in the intestines
- promotes normal peristalsis
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- improves mood
- promotes sleep
- calms the nervous system
- relieves stress
- improves concentration
- Lemon verbena oil may be used to relieve tiredness and overcome apathy, listlessness and disinterest. Ideal for people who continue to live in the past or who miss opportunities and the beauty of the present moment. Indicated for: anxiety, insomnia, nervous tension and stress related conditions.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Lemon verbena essential oil has a wonderfully uplifting aroma. A little in a diffuser at home goes a long way to creating a bright atmosphere. It has a wonderful, light, lemony aroma, though more pleasant than other oils with a high 'citral' content (the constituent that imparts the lemon scent to oils such as Melissa and lemongrass).
- An infusion of lemon verbena makes a refreshing and cooling summertime drink. It is also recommended for digestive upsets and congestion of the liver.
The oil has a brightly intense lemon scent, balanced with a deeply sensual woody citrus and a warm fruity-floral undertones.
Lemon Verbena blends well with neroli, palmarosa, olibanum, Tolu balsam, elemi, lemon and other citrus oils.
Lemon Verbena oil is generally non-toxic. However, it is a potential dermal irritant and dermal sensitizer. It is also reported to be photosensitizing and should not be applied to areas of the skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight in the following 72 hours. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.