Mandarin (Green) Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Cold Pressed
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Citrus reticulata
- Naturally Grown
About the Oil: Called ""the children's remedy"" in France for its broad range of soothing effects, our coldpressed Mandarin essential oils are from Italy, where the soil and climate conditions produce some of the world's finest citrus fruit essential oils. The Red Mandarin oil is the sweetest of the three, with the Yellow following close behind. The green is sweettart, like citrus candy, a really fun aroma and color!
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Mandarin is a small evergreen tree that grows to 4 meters with a single trunk and many thin drooping branches. Often confused with Satsuma and Tangerine, the Mandarin orange is a variety in the same Rutacae family. The tree resembles other varieties of oranges with small glossy leaves and fragrant white blossoms, while the fruit is oblate rather than spherical and typically less sweet than that of other varieties.
Mandarin is native to China and Indo-China and has spread to other countries of the Far East as well as the west where it is extensively grown for domestic purposes.
ABOUT THE OIL
Mandarin Essential Oil is cold pressed from the fruit of the mandarin tree. Mandarin and tangerine are very close in their genealogy, but their essential oils are remarkably different. Tangerine is sweet and tart, orange-like in this balance, with a distinctly tangerine note. Mandarin is like aromatherapy candy plus some unique effects. The presence of the highly sedative anthranilic acid ester makes this oil the first choice for use with children suffering from anxiety, nervousness, or stress.
Native to southern China and the Far East, mandarin oil was brought to Europe in 1805 and was carried to America soon thereafter. The name ""mandarin"" is said to come from the fact that it was a traditional gift amongst the Mandarin people of China.
- helps to reduce stretch marks during pregnancy
- helps clear blemished skin
- balances oil production
- neutralizes fungi
- lightens hyperpigmentation
- reduces scarring
- minimizes stretch marks
- Indicated for: oily skin, acne
- neutralizes microbes
- relaxes cramping
- digestive stimulant
- promotes urination
- helps maintain kidney action
- assists in cleansing and detoxifying the body
- settles digestion
- increases absorption in the intestines
- promotes normal peristalsis
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- lymphatic stimulant
- promotes sleep
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- relieves stress
- soothes children
- Diffuse mandarin to shift a negative mood and promote contentment; the sweet and tangy bouquet is uplifting for all ages. Also, Mandarin helps us get in touch with our inner child.
Mandarin is noted in France for being ""the children's remedy"", used much in the same way Roman Chamomile is suggested. Texts describe its use for both relieving stomach upset, and to sooth restless children. Kurt Schnaubelt notes in Advanced Aromatherapy: ""The scent of mandarin is as sweet as candy. The presence of the highly sedative anthranilic acid ester makes this oil the first choice for use with children suffering from anxiety, nervousness, or stress. Mandarin oil can be taken internally and can be Yellow, Red and Green""
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Use to freshen indoor air.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- This essential oil is safe for use during pregnancy and is often used in massage blends for the reduction of stretch marks. Massaged into the belly. Try blending in a carrier oil with essential fatty acids with supporting oils such as Lavender, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Jasmine and Neroli (try a 35% dilution; about 2030 drops per ounce of carrier).
- Mandarin is also called for in cases of acne and oily skin in GENERAL and makes an effective addition to adolescent SKIN CARE formulas: use Hazelnut as a carrier, and consider Spike Lavender and Myrtle in combination to round out the blend.
- The oil may be taken internally in small amounts (13 drops).
This juicy Mandarin essential oil has a floral top note of orange blossom and lemon oil, herbaceous middle notes of lily that mingle with undertones of sweet marmalade and a hint of maple.
Mandarin blends well with oils of: Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Clove, Grapefruit, Sweet Orange, Lemon, Lime and Neroli.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
This oil is non-toxic, a non-irritant and non-sensitizing. It has been known to cause very mild photo toxicity, so it is best to not expose skin to intense sunlight directly after application.
This oil is safe for use during pregnancy and with children.