Sea Buckthorn CO2
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Hippophae rhamnoides
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: With its mildly sweet and herbaceous aroma we find this certified organic Sea Buckthorn CO2 Oil much nicer than any we've sampled. It's deep red color indicates a high amount of carotenoids and other potent antioxidants that add to its excellent therapeutics.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Hippophae rhamnoides, also known as 'sandthorn' and 'seaberry', is a native species to Europe and Asia (particularly India and China). Sea Buckthorn is a hardy, cold-resistant shrub with spiny branches. It is undemanding and will thrive in poor soils, colonizing quickly any open space such as sand dunes and mountainous areas.
Despite the poor soil conditions this bush enjoys, the edible orange berries are one of the richest sources of natural vitamins A, C, E - hence the nickname given to the plant 'ACE'.; It is also a rich source of vitamin B, carotenes, essential fatty acids (omega 3, 7, 6 & 9), flavonoids and other beneficial components. The berries are bright orange and have a sour taste, and it is said they contain 30 times more vitamin C than an orange.
ABOUT THE OIL
This essential oil is distilled using a carbon dioxide extraction from the ripe berries of Sea Buck-thorn plants. The carbon dioxide distillation process allows all the fatty acids, minerals and vita-mins from the berries to flow, unaltered by heat or pressure, into the concentrated essential oil. That is how Sea Buckthorn CO2 oil provides an unsurpassed natural source of vitamins A , E, B1, B2, K and P, carotenes, flavonoids, tocopherols, essential fatty acids and phytosterols.
- reduces redness
- diminishes swelling
- neutralizes microbes
- protects cells against oxidative damage
- helps heal burns and wounds
- encourages healthy cell regeneration
- increases local blood circulation
- reduces scarring
- minimizes stretch marks
- helps to stimulate hair growth
- Good for all skin types and specifically: burns, ulcers, wounds, eczema, rosacea, atopic
- dermatitis, alopecia, sun burn, dry skin, premature aging
- Sea buckthorn oil is likely the premier essential oil for skin health in therapeutic aromatherapy. SKIN CARE products made of Sea Buckthorn are valued for their rejuvenating and restorative actions as well as retardation of the aging process of the skin. The therapeutic properties of Sea Buckthorn oil have been ascribed to its chemical makeup: high content of flavonoids, carotenoids, fatty acids, and vitamins. In fact, palmitoleic acid, a component of the the oil, is also a component of skin tissue. Significant levels of vitamin E and C, very important vitamins for the skin, are also present. And Provitamin A, a carotenoid found in high concentration, encourages skin cell proliferation. The oil also has high amounts of many antioxidants, and not only delivers their protective effects to your skin, but has an exceptionally long shelf life.
- The oil can easily be added to any base or essential oil blend: a 1% concentration is considered effective, and up to 10% concentrations have been used without side effects.
- NOTE: The oil has a deep red color from the high carotenoid concentration and may impart a hue on your skin for a few minutes while it absorbs.
- Can be ingested in small amounts.
This Sea Buckthorn essential oil has a soft floral top note, middle notes of slight herbaceous spice and and musty undertones reminiscent of dried leaves and sandy soil.
Sea Buckthorn blends well with other skin healing oils such as: Helichrysum, Lavender, Rose-mary Verbenone and Carrot Seed.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If ingesting the oil, consultation with a physician is recommended prior to consumption.