- Distillation Method:
- Cold Pressed
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Butyrospermum parkiik
- Certified Organic
About the Oil: Shea butter is rich in betacarotene and vitamin E. It contains a plant sterol known as stigmasterol that helps reduce stiffness. For this reason it is included in many creams and massage oils for stiff joints. Its high linoleic content makes it excellent for soothing chapped, sunburned, or irritated skin in blends or on its own. Applied daily, it can soften and lighten age spots. Shea Butter is a lovely ingredient to include in home#8209;crafted beauty products such as lip balm and moisturizers as it promotes long#8209;term epidermal health and well#8209;being. Shea butter solidifies as ~70 degrees F and liquefies when warmer.
ABOUT THE PLANT
Shea butter comes from the shea tree, Butyrospermum parkii, which is native to Africa.
ABOUT THE OIL
Shea butter is also known as karite butter or African butter.
- reduces dryness
- improves skin flexibility
- reduces redness
- diminishes swelling
- protects cells from oxidation
- reduces the appearance of fine lines
- conditions skin
- moisturizes deeply
- prevents chapping, cracks and stretch marks
- helps eliminate scarring
- increases local capillary circulation
- Especially good for: dry skin, mature skin, chapped and climate damaged skin, aftersun care, scars, inflammation, psoriasis, eczema, stretch marks, bruises, wounds