Fir Needle (Siberian) Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Abies siberica
- Wild Grown
About the Oil: The aroma of Siberian Fir Needle essential oil is bright and uplifting, yet also grounding, as evergreen needle oils tend to be. This oil has that rich and wonderful classic, brilliant Fir Needle aroma also found in Balsam Fir, but at a much lower cost. We're really fond of the Siberian fir; it's quality has been consistently very high.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Abies siberica is a relatively small coniferous evergreen tree which grows in Austria, Eastern France, Germany, Poland, Russia and Canada. The Siberian Fir is native to China. Mongolia, Eastern Russia and what is now the region straddling Iran and Afghanistan. The tree is planted in many European countries for lumber, wood pulp and for Christmas trees.
ABOUT THE OIL
This very fluid, clear essential oil is steam distilled from the needles of organically grown Siberian Fir trees. Considered one of the most popular fir needle oils in Europe, the aroma brings immediate memories of Christmas, as Fir trees are often grown as Christmas trees.
The aroma is bright and uplifting, yet also grounding, as evergreen needle oils tend to be. This oil has that rich and wonderful classic, brilliant Fir Needle aroma also found in Balsam Fir, but at a much lower cost.
Fir pine trees exude a resin called fir balsam. This was used by North American Indians for medicinal and religious purposes.
- neutralizes microbes
- encourages sweating
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- relieves muscular tension and aching joints
- lessens headaches due to congestion
- quells coughs
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- relaxes cramping
- eases discomfort
- decreases unpleasant sensory experiences
- soothes sore muscles, tendons and joints
- diminishes swelling
- increases local blood circulation
- helps to restore depleted adrenal glands
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- lessens anxiety
- reduces stress
- improves mood
- strengthens the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- helps alleviate nervous tension
- Fir oil is said to encourage protection and clairity of mind and spirit. This oil is opening and elevating yet grounding, which makes it excellent for yoga and meditation. It allows for us to achieve strength and inner unity. Recommended for the third eye and crown chakras.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam inhalation
This oil has a bright, piney top note with a slightly sweet menthol and honeyed middle note and balsamic, resinous undertones.
Siberian Fir Needle Essential Oil blends well with: Pine oil, Cedarwood oil, Lavender oil, Frankincense oil, Lemon oil, Blue Chamomile oil, Myrtle oil, Galbanum, Benzoin, Lavandin, Rosemary.
For accurately measuring oils, see our Drops per mL page.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant or under a doctor's care, consult your physician.