Spruce Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Needles and Twigs
- Latin Name:
- Tsuga canadensi
- Naturally Grown
About the Oil: This Spruce Essential Oil is steam distilled from the needles and twigs of the Canadian Eastern Hemlock Spruce. Also known as 'Tsuga' essential oil, it has a brilliant, bright and uplifting aroma.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
A member of the Pine family and also commonly called 'Hemlock', this variety of Spruce tree is a native species to the east coast of the USA and can mature to reach 50 meters in height.
Tsuga canadensis has slender horizontal branches, finely toothed leaves and smallish brown cones, which yield a natural exudation from its bark.
ABOUT THE OIL
Spruce essential oil is steam distilled from the needles and twigs of the Eastern Hemlock Spruce tree. It has a pleasing 'green forest' scent that is both opening and elevating yet grounding, and serves as an excellent oil for yoga and meditative practice.
Used in veterinary liniments. Extensively used for room spray perfumes, household detergents, soaps, bath preparations and toiletries.
- neutralizes microbes
- firms and contracts exposed tissue
- prevents moisture loss
- tones and restores venous circulation
- promotes the healing of tissues
- neutralizes microbes
- stimulates the IMMUNE SYSTEM
- encourages sweating
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- relieves muscular tension and aching joints
- lessens headaches due to congestion
- eases breathing
- strengthens the RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- quells coughs
- aids in the expulsion of mucous
- stimulates the bronchi
- soothes sore muscles, tendons and joints
- diminishes swelling
- promotes urination
- helps maintain kidney action
- increases local blood circulation
- stimulates the adrenal glands
- helps balance menstrual cycles
- strengthens the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- helps alleviate stress and nervous tension
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- lessens anxiety
- reduces stress
- mood elevating
- Spruce is grounding, clarifying and stimulating to the mind.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer
- Diffuse in small amounts to lift the energy of a space or for respiratory and IMMUNE SYSTEM benefits.
- massage, compress, bath, skincare
- Dilute to less than 10% in your favorite carrier oil and massage into sore muscles and joints.
- For adrenal support, use with Pine Essential Oil at a 10% dilution in Hazelnut carrier oil and apply to the kidney region.
This Spruce oil has a bright citrus and floral top note, a distinctly green and resinous pine menthol and eucalyptus middle note with undertones that are slightly balsamic and deeply wooded.
Spruce oil blends well with: Pine, Cedarwood, Galbanum, Lavender, Lavandin and Rosemary oils.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.