Tangerine Essential Oil
- Distillation Method:
- Cold Pressed
- Country of Origin:
- Plant Part:
- Latin Name:
- Citrus reticulata
- Naturally Grown
About the Oil: Our Tangerine Essential Oil is coldpressed from the exceptionally sweet 'Honey' Tangerine and has a very uplifting, ""fresh sweet fruit"" aroma that promotes happiness and joy and helps to reduce anxiety. This is a great oil for kids and beneficial for the skin.
Drops per mlBlending Tips
ABOUT THE PLANT
Originating in China, the first Tangerine seedlings to be planted in the U.S. were apparently prop-agated by Col. G L Dancy about 1871 in the southern states of America, thus this fruit is some-times known as the Dancy Tangerine.
Tangerine and Mandarin are two varieties of orange belonging to the same species and the man-darin is thought to have evolved from the Tangerine.
ABOUT THE OIL
Tangerine essential oil refreshes the senses with its bright citrus aroma. While similar to Manda-rin oil, Tangerine has a softer body and milder aroma. Therapeutically, Tangerine oil has similar properties to mandarin and orange oils.
Tangerine essential oil has been used in aromatherapy to uplift the spirits, balance the emotions to reducing nervous tension, and applied as a skin tonic to balance oil production.
Apart from its use in aromatherapy, Tangerine oil is used extensively in flavors for soft drinks, candy and liqueurs.
- balances oil production
- neutralizes microbes
- helps heal burns and wounds
- encourages cell regeneration
- tones the skin
- reduces scarring
- minimizes stretch marks
- minimizes cellulite
- Especially good for: oily skin, congested skin, acne, cellulite, stretch marks
- increases appetite
- strengthens the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- settles digestion
- increases absorption in the intestines
- promotes normal peristalsis
- assists the body's natural eliminatory response
- relaxes cramping
- improves circulation
- reduces fluid retention
- helps balance emotions
- promotes sleep
- calms the NERVOUS SYSTEM
- relieves stress
- mood elevating
- In Chinese medicine, Tangerine is used for moving blood and Qi and ridding damp–improving poor circulation in the extremities.
- This wonderfully sweet, fresh and citrusy topnote essential oil is thought to promote happiness, and help with nervousness and anxiety.
- direct inhalation, diffuser, oil vaporizer, steam distillation
- For support of the NERVOUS SYSTEM, use in a diffuser or oil warmer to surround yourself with the aroma. The aroma is very popular with children, and can have the same relaxing effect as for adults.
- massage, compress, bath, sitz bath, douche, ointment, skincare
- To support the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM, dilute around 3% in the carrier oil of your choice, and rub the oil into the stomach region in a clockwise direction.
- Blend with Lavender and Neroli into a carrier oil such as Apricot oil and massage daily into skin around belly to prevent stretch marks from the 5th month onwards.
- For the reduction of cellulite, dilute a few drops of Tangerine essential oil in a carrier oil and massage into affected skin. Repeat daily for a period of weeks to months.
- Can be taken internally: dilute in water.
This Tangerine essential oil has a bright yet subtle citrus and orange blossom top note, a green, leafy middle note and a soft, musty and slightly sweet undertone.
Tangerine oil bends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Gerani-um, Lavender, Lemon, Grapefruit, Lime and Orange oils.
Generally non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. Always test a small amount first for sensitivity or allergic reaction.
If pregnant consult with a physician prior to use.
As with all citrus peel oils, Tangerine oil may be photo-sensitizing, and should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or UV light within 72 hours.